36 Places to Get STYLED Stock Photos
A few weeks back I wrote a post called 50 Places to find free + attractive stock photos for your website. Yes, a massive resource list that got some great feedback – thank you! But there was one that really caught my attention…
“This is a fantastic resource, thank you! Maybe you can help me? I’ve been searching endlessly for images with desk settings. Well not necessarily a desk, but pretty things on a desk. That’s the problem. I’m sure the style of photo I’m looking for has a name, I just don’t know what it is”.
I responded by saying that the type of stock photo she was looking for was probably S T Y L E D stock photos followed by a bunch of places to check out.
That interaction got me thinking, how many others out there are enduring fruitless searches because they don’t have the vocabulary? Dying to get their hands on images with pretty things on a desk but not knowing how to explain it to Google? And so, this blog post was born.
What are STYLED stock photos?
STYLED stock photo’s have been the rage for a while now. They’re images where the objects are chosen and set in place with the intention to appeal to a certain aesthetic. They are usually themed and have a cohesive color scheme. As a side note: objects in the images aren’t just limited to stationary either however, these are definitely popular and you’ve likely seen your fair share of them around and for good reason.
Styled stock photos can help your brand:
- Make a great and lasting, first impression. Because, first impressions are everything on the web.
- Save time finding the perfect image.
- Look pro even if you’re just getting started. Perfect placement. Perfect lighting. Perfect eye behind the lens. Need I say more?
- On brand cohesion EVERYWHERE. Don’t limit your usage of styled stock photos just to your website. They are also ideal for email and social media too so your Brand’s vibe is on point no matter where your audience encounters you. And in the unlikely event you really can’t find any to fit your brand, you might consider reaching out to one of the creators below as many do offer custom STYLED stock photography services.
A few things to note:
- Some of the sites listed below also offer free monthly samples so you’ll want to get on their mailing list to receive those.
- While most allow you to edit the images however you like, there maybe some that require attribution or have specific rules for their sample images so be smart. Make sure you check out the licensing terms before you use them.
I intend to keep adding to this list so if you’ve found a great site or you’re a creator of styled stock photos, let me know so I can add you to the list. Cheers!
Have you downloaded The Essential Website Planning Checklist yet?
I invite you to go ahead and do that now. Anyone with a little know how can build a website but few people are aware of the planning and strategy involved in building a website that actually works to meet your goals.
GET THE CHECKLIST!